GLS Data Protection
GLS Belgium NV and GLS Belgium Distribution NV/SA are subsidiaries of General Logistics Systems B.V., Amsterdam (GLS). GLS Belgium NV and GLS Belgium Distribution NV/SA implement reliable and high quality packet and freight services as well as express deliveries and logistics related value added products. More detailed information on our company can be found in the "About us" area.
Please read the following policy to understand how your information will be treated.
Personal data comprises details on the personal or factual circumstances of a specific or determinable individual. This includes information such as name, address, telephone number and date of birth. Information that is not directly related to your true identity such as favourite web pages or the number of users on a page is not considered to be personal data.
Collection, Processing and Use of Personal Data
1. Each time a user accesses a GLS web page data is saved in a log file. The following specific data is temporarily saved:
- IP number of the querying computer
- Domain name
- Date and time of access
- HTTP answer code
- Visited pages
- Operating system with version
- Browser with version
- Screen resolution
3. GLS fundamentally differentiates between an open and closed area during usage of the GLS web site. The closed area partially assists the performance of a contract between the customer and GLS and can only be accessed by means of a login file, which is issued by GLS.
Among other functions the open area provides the user with an E-mail contact form, "Track and Trace", and the Packet Shop search. Data entered in the scope of an enquiry via the E-mail form such as name, street, postcode, city, etc. is required by us in order to process your enquiry. Forwarding, sale or any other means of transfer of your personal data to third parties does not occur, except when necessary for the implementation of the above described services.
4. The saved data is anonymously summarised for statistical purposes. These statistics are used to evaluate usage of the GLS web site by visitors. Particularly, the order in which the pages are visited and the path taken between pages is represented. GLS uses this information in order to ascertain ways in which the usage and application of the web site can be further improved.
Security of Personal Data
In the scope of technical and organisational security measures, GLS does everything in its power to protect your personal data from loss and misuse. Your data is saved in a secure operational environment, which is not accessible to the public. Furthermore, GLS employees and third parties we engage to process your personal information are obligated to treat personal data confidentially.
You have the right to apply for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small administration fee) and to have any inaccurate information about you corrected.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy please contact us at:
Address: GLS Belgium Distribution NV/SA– 1070 Brussels, Industrielaan, 14